Friday, January 28, 2011

In Which She Steals Prompts


Guten Tag. It's Friday and on Friday, I don't want to think too hard. So that's why I go to Roots and Rings and steal all the stuff she did on Tuesday. But I cite my sources, so that makes me not plagiaristic. And if there's one thing I'd like you to think of when you think of me in the event of my untimely demise, I'd like it to be "not, technically, plagiarisey".

1. Do you decorate for Valentine’s day? No. I don't really decorate for holidays. I typed that and then glanced over my right shoulder to see my Christmas tree still sitting happily in the corner. You may think that makes me a liar, but I think it just brilliantly excecutes my point that, I find a fake fir to be applicable to all seasons. So... there.
If I did decorate for a holiday, it would be Valentine's Day, though because it's my favorite holiday. But the decorations for VD are so cheesy and horrible, hearts and lace and glitter and all of those things are, frankly, tacky.
2. Does your desktop have a picture or computer graphic?
Is it organized? It does have a picture and It is organized, which is kind of odd for me since very few other things in my life are organized. I even have a folder called "Desktop Shit" full of stuff that I don't really want to have all thrown up all over my desktop. Here, you can look. (I love screen shots, so bad.)3. Do you use a paper planner, electric planner or no planner at all? Paper planner! I hate the idea of needing to check an electronic device to see what I have going on that day, I mean, really? That just adds another thing to do. I just leave my Charley Harper 2011 Engagement Calendar open on my coffee table and then I find out about my day pretty much on accident. Also, I love filling in something that happened every day. I know I blog and there's Facebook but I like the handwriting and I love having a physical record of my life. I write down the particularly boring things that no one is really interested in, except for me. For example: January 5, 2011 My laptop charger died today. RIP $69.
4. Do you change purses or bags often or stick with a good thing? My sister in law has a large collection of purses. She'll use one for a week and then change. Or she'll sometimes change one to go with her outfit. I have a collection of bags that I use for purses but I'm so particular about what I use to carry my junk around, that I usually just end up using a temporary one that I hate while I'm searching for the perfect bag. It's silly, I know. I end up using something akin to a burlap sack waiting for the perfect one to come around. I need to move on before this turns into a metaphor.
5. What’s your favorite YouTube Video? This. One.
6. Do you use Turbo Tax or a real person to pay your taxes? I got to www.hrblock.com. I've mentioned them twice in two days, they should really give me more than 1/6th of a bazillion dollars for this one.
7. How many states have you set foot (or tire) in? Which ones? Oh geez. Here we go. Kansas, Colorado, New Mexico, Texas, Arizona, Arkansas, Missouri, Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa, North Dakota, South Dakota, Montana, Nebraska. Get this girl out of the Midwest. 17/50 states.
8. How many countries have you been in? Which ones? Just Canada. And that was a trip to Walmart and Subway. Not that it wasn't an incredible time. Estevan Fine Dining and Heater repair? Who's with me?
9. How many pillows are in your house? Let's go with how many pillows are on my bed. The answer is... six.
10. How cold is too cold for flip flops? Today it's supposed to be 65 degrees (and it's JANUARY!) and I say that's not too cold. That's celebration time.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

So, if you are ever interested in setting foot in another state, you are more than welcome to come visit me in Central Florida! I have an air mattress *and* a sleeper sofa. :D (Not to mention: the state with the most beaches)

Post a Comment