Tuesday, May 3, 2011

You Can Not Read Minds Even If You Try Really, Really Hard

A Series* of Solicited Questions! You love it.

1. What's your favorite thing to eat for breakfast?Also, strawberry pancakes.

2. What does is mean when you're not someone's "type" but they want to talk to you and be with you ALL THE DAMN TIME?

I am going to assume that the other person is of a differing gender and that you are into that sort of thing because I'm not skilled enough in the department of pronouns to go gettin' my LGBT on when that's not the ultimate point. I'm getting the boy/girl vibe and I'ma go with it.

Types, if you ask me--and you only kinda did, I think, don't exist. Though, I suppose it's open to interpretation. Maybe it's not that they don't exist but they're not useful at all. All the idea of a type does is give you one more thing to feel confused about and when it comes to boy/girl stuff there's already too much of that stuff. I think that people make mental (or physical) lists of qualities that they find attractive. Then, what? They take every person that they meet, hold them up to the list and then decide how to deal with them based on how they stack up next to the list? That's gross. I don't think people really do that anyway, do they? Not to mention, type of what?

If someone said to me, "you're not my type." I would hear terrible, terrible things. Even if there wasn't boy/girl things going on in my brains. I think that most people (and this confuses the hell out of me) think that they have a type of person that they are friends with and then they have a type of person that they date. I don't know why you wouldn't want to date the type of person that you're friends with. Because, let's look at a sample. I'm the only available population so this is going to be pretty uneven but it will doubtless make my point.
Qualities That I Find Appealing In A Person With Whom I Will Consider Friendship:
Sense of humor
Willingness to lend me money
Tendency towards a silly, rather than a belligerent drunk
Good oral hygiene
Qualities That I Find Appealing In A Person With Whom I Will Consider Dating:
Sense of humor
Willingness to lend me money
Tendency towards a silly, rather than a belligerent drunk
Good oral hygiene
Flawless point is flawless. Maybe I'm different than some other people, though. You never know, peoples is peoples. I've never even had a half-way-serious crush on someone that I wasn't pretty good friends with. I mean, there'll always be Hot Fed Ex guy but I don't think we could play cards, together. Or do anything else other than banter about what day it is. It goes like this,
"How are you doing?"
"Ah, Friday!"
"Ah, yeah. Gotcha."
"Have a good weekend."
Or...
"How's it going?"
"Ugh. Monday."
"Ah, yeah. Gotcha."
"Have a good week(whispers)end... it's not the weekend. Don't say weekend. (shout) BYE!"

Anyway, you asked what it means and I think that what it means is that he's saying too much and that he has different qualifications for friends than he does for lady friends and you can tell him that I said that is going to end up biting him in the ass. Metaphorically. Unless he's into that. In which case, that's really the only thing you can ask from a true friend.

Wait, did he tell you that you're not his type or are you just assuming that's the case because that will change my answer completely. The short answer to that one is: You can not read minds even if you try really, really hard.

Love, Libby

*The answer to question number two got long enough that I didn't even need to answer any of the other questions. Replace "series" with "pair".

1 comment:

Kat said...

Mind = blown.

Post a Comment