Thursday, May 19, 2011

Ten: The Take Pictures Edition

This edition of Ten on Tuesday from Roots and Rings takes you on a photo journey throughout my house. Sweet, huh? Well it was fun for me. It might just be a B+ activity for you, honestly. Herewego.
I think that I show pictures of my house pretty often so with this I tried to show you the stuff that doesn't get showcased that often.

1. A picture of your favorite piece of furniture:
This is my favorite chair. No one ever sits in it because it's height makes it really uncomfortable but it's visually stunning. My little brother brought it with him when he moved in and when he moved out he left it for me.

2. Your favorite thing on the wall:
I got this ordinary frame from a garage sale. One night, I got bored and I used a bottle of Elmer's glue and a package of party napkins to decoupage it all together. People love it. The owl ornament was a gift. It came from Clayworks here in town. The little note card has a quote from Cicero. It reads: Virtute enim ipsa non tam multi praediti esse quam videri volunt (Few are those who wish to be endowed with virtue rather than to seem so)

3. Your bed as it looks right now:
I really had made my bed that day. I intended to do my laundry and I like to have a nice, made bed to dump all of the laundry onto for sorting and folding. My quilt was made by my mom's grand mother and the afghan at the foot was crocheted for me by my dad's mom.

4. Your pantry:
I have a little, tiny pantry built into the wall but it's so shallow that you can only keep spices in it. I keep my food in a little cupboard. This is a good example of the staples. Canned diced tomatoes (for making spaghetti sauce), a box of Pad Thai (because it's better than I could ever make, myself), oatmeal and wheat germ. Sounds about right.

5. Your favorite piece of jewelry:
This is a gold locket (I tried to get a photo of the front but it's impossible to take an adequate picture). It has a picture of my dad's parents before they were married in 1940. They look absolutely miserable, if you ask me. No matter, it's awesome. I don't have a chain for it. I'd totally wear it, otherwise.

6. Your favorite book:
The Perks of Being a Wallflower. I didn't pick this because it's my favorite piece of literature, but it's my most favorite book that I own. I've probably read it 1/2 a dozen times. I taught it in college and every page has some writing on it. It's the most honest look into the brain of a teenager (or any person, really) that I've ever read.

7. Your most comfortable shirt:
I will wear this shirt until it dies. I love it. I love the cut. I love the snap-buttons. I love how soft it is. I love every ounce of this shirt.

8. Your messiest room:
The kitchen, obvi. The bathroom is pretty bad, too but it's a bathroom and I think what makes it look dirty or cluttered is just the fact that there are about 50 sq feet in there and 48 of those feet are overtaken by bathroomy things like bathtubs, toilets and sinks.

9. Your house shoes:
Flip flops. These ones are brand spankin' new. They replaced the ones that used to be yellow. It was time to retire.

10. Yourself, as you look right now:
I decided to not edit this one, as that wouldn't be fair. This is what I wore to make scrambled eggs.

I want to see pictures of your house. Please?

2 comments:

Kat said...

This post. I like. (Well, I like ALL of them, but you know what I'm saying.)

Libby Marie said...

Do it, Katie. You should do it.

Post a Comment