Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Ten on Tuesday on Time

From Roots and Rings as per usual (only this time I'm really doing it on a Tuesday because I'm working on a bigger post but it's taking time and because I've been up since about 5:00 am on account of my anxious brains and I feel like doing something that doesn't require all too much mind-power).

1. What colour are your toenails painted?
Get. This. It's a color by Pure Ice called (oh this is embarrassing), "No Means No." Which not only doesn't give you any idea of what color it is but it's pretty much called, "Good luck, try not to get raped!"

2. What colour are your fingernails painted?
OPI's Bogota Blackberry. Sounds exotic doesn't it? Yeah, it's not. (I don't care if my fingers match my toes... I haven't the energy to keep up with my toes on the regular.)

3. What is your favourite brand of nail polish?
I, honestly, buy the cheapest stuff that I can find. Usually that's Pure Ice or Petites from Walmart. I change my color often enough that I'm not interested in spending $7 on color (I don't even like spending $7 on a bag of frozen chicken breasts). Especially when it'll keep from chipping and staining if you apply base and top coat anyway and keep up with it.

4. As the norm, do you DIY your nails or get mani/pedis?
I would love a pedicure. I usually get one at the beginning of every summah but I didn't this year because there are much more important things on which to spend $30.

5. Have you ever had a gel mani? Do you recommend it?
I don't know what that is and I'm not interested enough to Google it as I've never had a manicure. So the answer is decidedly "no."

6. What is the last movie you watched on television? (TV, Netflix, Redbox, etc.)
Um... let me think about it. Oh yeah! Biutiful. It was lovely and honest and raw and it messed with my brains for days.

7. What is the last movie you watched in the cinema?
Bridesmaids. And before that it was Bridesmaids. First time I'd ever seen a movie twice in the theater.

8. Is there a movie that everyone talks about as if it is a classic but you haven’t seen?
I've been pretty active about getting a bunch of old classics in. Obviously I haven't seen them but I feel like Brokeback Mountain is one of those cultural classics that I should have seen but I haven't because I'm mostly uninterested in cowboys in general. Also American Pie--I should have seen it a million years ago as a passage into my late teens but I never did.

9. What is your favourite movie soundtrack?
And, of course, the answer is Elizabethtown.

10. Have you ever seen a movie and thought it was better than the book it was based on?
Yeah, that's actually a myth.

1 comment:

Jamie Light said...

You're missing nothing by having not seen either movie (Brokeback Mountain or American Pie). BBM was boring, and AP is nothing short of *always being vulgar*. You would not like them.

Post a Comment