Wednesday, July 13, 2011

On Flying, Cottage Cheese, and One Reference to the 1995 Disney Film Pocahontas

I haven't done one of these in a few weeks because the questions didn't pertain much to me. But I'm doing it today because I was feeling so hungry to write something--anything at all and I was so our of things to say and I actually like most of these questions. It's good for a Wednesday, yeah? One day I'll give you something meaningful and deep and also hilarious. Something that will make you say, "Wow... that girl. I wanna make love to her brains." But that day won't be today.

So, as usual, I'm going to be straight with you and say that Ten On Tuesday is not my idea, I steal it every time from Roots and Rings. It's just a fun idea as I love answering questions about myself. A little self centered? Absolutely I am.

1. When you are on a plane and the kid behind you is kicking your seat, what do you do?
Twenty-seven years old and I've never been on an airplane. Except that one time when I was very little, my dad's friend owned a plane and he took us up in it and I cried the whole damn time. I was afraid we'd get sucked into outer space. Also my brother tried to climb out of the window.

2. What food that you KNOW is bad for you and you shouldn’t have, but you love/eat it anyway?
All of the things? Cottage cheese and sour cream are two things that I don't allow myself to keep in my refrigerator because it is weird how much I love them. Also Ruffles brand potato chips.

3. What is your favorite book of all time?
This question again... To reiterate: there is no "favorite book of all time" so I will ask a similar question. That question is "what book on your shelf have you read more times than any other book on your shelf?" The answer is, Ash Wednesday by Ethan Hawke. Do you want to hear him read some of it? Here. It's funny to hear a boy read from a female narrator's perspective. Ethan Hawke looks like someone's little brother.

4. If I came to visit you in your town, where would we eat?
Oh my goodness, we would go to Amics. Doy. It's pretty much my most favorite place in this whole town. I don't go often, though, because the hours don't really always fit with my schedule and also because I want to keep it a special treat. I like how there's a place in town where feta--so much feta is an option but a double bacon cheeseburger is not.

5. You have 500 dollars and 40 minutes to spend it at any store you want. Where do you go?
Urban Outfitters for new bedding that I've had my eye on for a while now. My bed is a full-size, everyone. Christmas in July is just around the corner. I'd spend the rest of the money on other things to make my apartment awesome. Like this rug and these curtains and this bag.

6. What blog do you read every day/the most often?
Katie's. Because she updates every single day. Also, I read The Bloggess every time that she updates because it's nothing if not life-changing.

7. What’s the longest you’ve ever been stuck at an airport?
While I, myself, have never been on an airplane, in college I was absolutely the guy that everyone asked to drive them to the airport. I friggin' loved it. I never had to wait long, though, I was usually late. Inconvenient? Maybe. Free parking? So much yes.

8. What’s your daily makeup/face/cleansing routine?
Wash face. Moisturize with this! I love it. It's a mattefying moisturizer which is incredible for people (even boys) who have normal to slightly oily skin (me) who live in places where the temperature has no qualms about reaching 110 on an average day (here). Apply powder. Apply eyeliner. Apply mascara. Tinted lip balm. Now you're totes ready to go about your day without that gross, greasy feeling and absolutely zero upkeep.

9. Where is your farthest away friend?
Jamie lives in South Korea. I could tell you exactly where but, and this is going to sound so ethnocentric of me, *whispers* it all kind of looks like gibberish to me so I have no way of telling you. But it looks delightful from the pictures!
Jamie cartoon blogs about being a foreigner. Can we say expat? Is that accurate? I like that. I wanna expat one day.

10. Where is your favorite place to go hiking (or to enjoy nature)?
I went to a mountain, once, in Colorado. That was nice.
Honestly, though, I don't go to places! As much as I want to--I want to, I don't. I live in Kansas. I has a job. I have no vacation time (yet). Geez, this just whole survey just makes me sound far less adventurous than my spirit really is. Trust me, my spirit is adventurous and exciting and progressive. My spirit is, like, constantly singing Colors of the Wind.

Ya dig?

3 comments:

Alyssa said...

I think it is funny that the bedding you want is called "Romantic".

Alyssa

Katie said...

Awwww! You read it every day? I feel so special!! (Also, if I had monies, I would TOTES buy you bedding!)

Jamie Light said...

Expat is correct. Or at least what I would consider myself at this point in time...but we're probably coming back someday? <---The question mark at the end makes expat a valid term still

I <3 that you always take the time to link to the people, products or media you are speaking of. That's why I love you...always going the extra mile. Also, I AM going to update again someday.

Post a Comment