Friday, April 15, 2011

Ten From Tuesday on Friday

Currently jamming to True Affection by The Blow from their album, Paper Television.

I'm taking the ten questions from Roots and Rings. And I'm going to answer them. You can answer them, too. Or you could answer them in your own "private" space of the interwebs. But if you do, you should go tell her because that's just polite. I did it. But I'm pretty sure I did it wrong. Onward:

1. If you work, do you drive to work or take public transportation? I drive. I have sometimes taken public transportation but McPherson only has taxi cabs (a shocking number of them for such a small town) and they charge me $7 to drive the 6 miles to work--and then I have to come home. That's mostly an emergency solution.
2. How often do you get your haircut? Do you go to the same person every time? I get my hair cut as often as I want a new style. I'm not the kind of girl who goes regularly for a trim. I've always been the type of girl who goes into the Smart Style at Walmart or to the local beauty school and sits in the chair and says, "do whatever you want." And that usually never turned out too badly. This last time, though, I did research on the internet and found the perfect picture of Scarlet Johanssan's bob and I took it into a legitimate salon and Justine cut my hair. And now to answer the sub-question: I don't ever want anyone but Justine to cut my hair. And you should have her cut your hair, too. Seriously, if you're looking for a stylist then I'm more than happy to hook you up.
3. Do you read the newspaper? If so, a hardcopy or the online version? I read whatever they have in the break room at work. Usually there's not a whole paper and it's three days old. So I get a lot of information incomplete and late--welcome to America.
Otherwise I'll read links that my friends post on Facebook if they seem even remotely to me but for the most part I'm not interested. It's not that I don't care, it's just that I honestly can't take it. We're fucked. I get it. I'd rather die reading this or this or this.
4. What is the best book you have read this year? I haven't done as much reading as I'd like to. Not a lot of new reading. I've re-read a lot. But I did read The Winter of Our Discontent by John Steinbeck. I know I've talked about it so much on here that you know how much I was surprised to enjoy it. But I did. It's such a great character study. And maybe it was written and took place in the fifties or something but it's still one of the most relevant novels that I've read in a while.
5. What is the best movie you have seen this year? The Graduate. I never noticed how brilliant Dustin Hoffman is as an actor. I think I have a crush on him in the 60's.
6. Do you tend to crave sweet or salty foods? Salty. When I crave anything it's--don't judge me, I don't judge you--Ruffle's brand potato chips and cottage cheese. If I have cottage cheese, I will eat an entire bag of chips at once. It's not entirely unheard of. I don't ever let myself buy cottage cheese. Sometimes, though, I just think "why are there no chocolate chips in my freezer?!" And then I can't think about anything else until they materialize in my house.
7. Do you eat breakfast every day? If so, what do you have? I do! I never used to but now that I have a job where I get regular breaks and a predictable hunger schedule, I have learned that if I don't start my day with both fiber and protein, then I'll be worthless at work. When I was little, my doctor took me off of milk for a few years so I really missed out on the cereal-staple for a childhood breakfast. If I ever eat cereal (which is rarely), then it's at night time. I usually eat scrambled eggs (I buy medium eggs. They're cuter) and two slices of oat bread. That takes me pretty far in a day as long as I also get the standard two cups of coffee in. I'm such an adult.
8. If you celebrate Easter, what Easter treat/candy are you most looking forward to? I hate Easter time for all of the damn pastels (To quote my friend Justin, "Just pick a color already! If you're going to be green, be green! Own it! You're green, bitch!") and also for reasons that will be offensive to most of you, so I won't tell you about it. BUT I do love the egg cartons that have chocolate covered marshmallows in them.
9. How late is “sleeping in” to you? If I sleep in 'till 8:00 it feels nice. There are so many babies that live downstairs, though, that if I sleep in 'till 8:00 I wonder if the whole family has been carbon monoxided. Also, I like being up really early. Like I said: Adult.
10. Where are you going on your next vacation? I understand neither the word "next" nor the word "vacation".

I want this post to have a picture. I'll show you this ridiculous picture that I took of myself:

Sexy, no?

1 comment:

Kat said...

My favorite thing about this blog, is that I can hear you saying all these things. And that makes me a happy Katie.

Post a Comment